Laman

Saturday 26 October 2013

Boonex Dolphin 7.0.3 Beta

Boonex recently released Dolphin 7.0.3 Beta. I am not sure what the thinking is with a Beta which isn’t even upgradeable. This particular version is only for testing. They clearly state that there will be no upgrade for it.


All I can figure or assume Boonex did this for was to get others to test it out, so they wouldn’t have to. Which I guess is alright, but it is a bit misleading. I would suspect someone will install this version, and will want to upgrade in the future which will most likely cause problems.


I usually don’t bother or mess with beta’s. Even more so when they are not upgradeable. But, I decided to check it out and see what it had to offer. I haven’t spent too much time with it yet. It installed fast and smooth as expected, but I quickly realized Dolphin 7.0.3 Beta has some issues with the caching feature. Once I disable caching in the Administration area things started working, and running smoother.


I will continue playing with this Beta in my spare time, which is pretty limited right now. Hopefully they work a few more kinks out of it, and release a Dolphin 7.0.3 final or stable version in the near future. I am expecting, or hoping anyway that it will happen before the end of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Popular posts